Friday 6 September 2013

Stone's Ginger Joe

 


I’m not a huge drinker; I drink but I have one of the most delicate constitutions in history.  Ginger, apparently, settles the stomach so if I fancy a tipple I’ll often turn to ginger beer!
As appealing as they seem, I've always struggled to drink lager and cider (though I do enjoy the variety of fruit flavoured options on the market) so have welcomed the recent wave of alcoholic ginger beer.  For some reason ginger beer doesn’t upset me too much so I’m delighted.

I discovered Stone’s Ginger Joe during the summer of 2012 and instantly fell in love.  It was a hot day and I’ve always enjoyed the taste of ginger so I decided to give it a try. And WOW.  The bottle is quirky, if not a little manly; it has an orange moustache on the front and describes itself as being refreshingly feisty.  A pretty good description I’d say!
I like it on ice, though my partner drinks it straight from the bottle.  Either way, it’s a lovely spicy, refreshing drink on a hot day with that little bit of a kick you’d expect from ginger. It’s not too big, not too small, it’s just right.
I’ve managed to get most of my friends and family addicted too so I am probably deserving of some commission but hey, it’s ok, I’ll let it go as long as they keep producing one of my favourite summer drinks.
Since then I’ve tried lots of other ginger beers on the market but Ginger Joe will always have a special place in my heart.
A 330ml bottle contains 4% vol and can be found in most supermarkets for about £1.50.
Check out their website http://www.gingerjoe.co.uk to learn a bit more about Ginger Joe and to read an entertaining little story about the ginger moustached Joseph Stone, the inspiration behind the drink.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of ginger beer but my hubby loves it and I don't think he has tried this one so I will have to get him some. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah! Let me know how he gets on!

    ReplyDelete